"VARIABILITY OF THE SUN AND SUN-LIKE STARS: FROM ASTEROSEISMOLOGY TO SPACE WEATHER"
06-08 July 2015, Baku, Azerbaijan
Conference is financially and organizationally supported by the Science Development Foundation under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan
The International Conference "VARIABILITY OF THE SUN AND SUN-LIKE STARS: FROM ASTEROSEISMOLOGY TO SPACE WEATHER" to be held in 06-08 July 2015, Baku, Azerbaijan (Baku Solar Conference 2015) aims to highlight all aspects of modern solar physics research, including observation and theory that span from the interior of the Sun out into the wider heliosphere, as well as solar-terrestrial physics and particularly, sun-like stars.
This Conference will provide a broad, yet stimulating, environment for domestic and international scientists to share the findings of their research in solar and solar-terrestrial physics.
The Conference will comprise of invited reviews and contributed talks as well as some poster presentations. One of conference sessions will be held at the Shamakhy Astrophysical Observatory.
The topics of Conferense:
- Problems of asteroseismology
- Solar neutrino problem and its solution scenarios
- Solar magnetism - dynamo theory
- Solar flares - observation and theoretical aspects
- Oscillations and waves in the solar atmosphere
- The problem of heating of solar corona
- The theory of the solar coronal mass ejections
- Observational aspects of the solar wind, solar wind theory, the interaction of the solar wind and the magnetosphere of the Earth
- Space and ground-based observations of the Sun
- Physics of Solar-Terrestrial Relations
- Space weather effects
- Heliobiological studies
- Solar activity and changes in climate of the Earth
- Sun-like variable stars and their evolution
- Other related topics
Refreshments will be served in the conference areas during coffee breaks each full day.
There are foreseen sightseeing tours for foreign guests.
We look forward to welcoming you to an enjoyable, stimulating, and productive conference in Baku.
- Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (ANAS)
- Shamakhy Astrophysical Observatory named after N.Tusi, ANAS
- Institute of Terrestrial Magnetism, Ionosphere and Radio Wave Propagation named after Nikolay Pushkov of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Euroasian Astronomical Society